As of Oct 31 2010 the dailies include distributions named fckgLiteSafe-05. These distributions include support for the new fnencode setting in the configuration manager of current Dokuwiki release candidates. which provides three methods for handling of non-Roman characters in file and directory names: 'safe', 'url', and 'utf8'. fckgLiteSafe supports all three options.
The 'safe' method is in effect an improvement on 'url', which was the default in earlier releases. The safe system produces more managable names than url-style names. This, for instance, is the url-style encoding for つを指定されたデ:
This is the 'safe' encoding:
- See http://www.dokuwiki.org/config:fnencode for details.
- Once the handling of 'safe' names in fckgLiteSafe is proven reliable, fckgLiteSafe will be merged into the main branch of fckgLite.
The utf-8 option uses the native character set without any encoding; however, the Operating System must support the character set.
fckgLiteSafe Enhanced Filebrowser (As of Nov 6 2010)
fckgLiteSafe has more secure access to files in data/pages, i.e. the wiki files, for creation of internal links.
- Users cannot browse files to which they do not have at least read permission. These files are hidden, preventing users from creating links to files for which they do not have at least read permission.
- Delete permission for wiki files is enabled only for admins and managers. This prevents users who do not have write permission to a file from deleting files which are not their own. Previously users with upload permission to a namespace could delete any file in that namespace, whether or not they had write permission.
- Only valid Dokuwiki files are displayed in the filebrowser listings, i.e. only files with the .txt extension.
- Given 3 above, it is no longer necessary to display the extensions of files listed in data/pages. Instead of
my_file.txt, the listing will display the name as
my_file. This is in keeping with Dokuwiki's practice, which emphasizes the namespace protocol.
Distributions of fckgLiteSafe currrently on the Server
This distribution is always a current version, though a more recent version may appear in the list of dailies below.
See the dailies for Change Logs.